Look closer. See further.
Today, the majority of lung cancer cases is detected when the disease is already in an advanced stage – and so treatment of lung cancer primarily consists of either radio(chemo)therapy potentially followed by surgery or systemic chemotherapy.
But therapy planning for lung cancer patients and the appropriate therapy selection also depends on the patient’s condition, histological and molecular characteristics of the tumor, and staging information.
The success of therapeutic approaches is based on meaningful image information that helps to guide targeted therapy. For most tumors that are detected early and are still localized, the treatment of choice in lung cancer is primary surgery.
Interventional imaging with angiography and CT
- minimally invasive interventions are expected to save healthy tissue, to minimize the risk of complications, and reduce the duration of the intervention as well as the hospitalization
- site-specific integration of superior imaging devices into the operating room (OR)
Artis zeego, Siemens Healthineers' unique multi-axis robotic angiography system
- delivers unrivaled positioning flexibility
- hygiene class A room category in operation
- syngo DynaCT Large Volume to acquire volumes of almost twice the diameter or height of conventional C-arm CTs for visualization of lung and all surrounding thoracic structures
- syngo Needle Guidance for 3D path planning and precise navigation of devices from skin entry point to the target
MIYABI Angio-CT for the most challenging requirements in lung imaging
- customized solution
- combination of an Artis angiography system and a state-of-the-art CT
- sliding gantry configuration in one- or two-room solutions
- Siemens Healthineers' large-bore CT scanners for comprehensive motion management in RT planning
- Siemens Healthineers' SPECT and SPECT/CT systems for tissue perfusion imaging helps to avoid radiation to well-perfused lung tissue
- syngo.via RT Image Suite for 4D multimodality image analysis allowing RT planning according to patients’ specific breathing patterns
- Partnership with Varian Medical Systems
Siemens Healthineers' large-bore PET/CT systems
- industry’s finest volumetric resolution1 and high lesion contrast
- flexible respiratory motion management
1Based on volumetric resolution available in competitive literature for systems greater than 70 cm bore size. Data on file.