When a 60-year-old patient with a 2-year history of type 2 diabetes, very high triglycerides, and pancreatitis transferred from one physician to a new one, his HbA1c levels were at 14%, well above the recommended healthy range for a diabetic patient. With a mix of patient education, regular A1c testing with on-site results, and medication changes, the patient’s HbA1c levels dropped to 7.6% over the course of a year.1
At AACC, discover how POCT can improve outcomes.
Siemens Healthineers point-of-care solutions for chronic disease management have been shown to improve patient compliance, lower the risk of long-term complications from chronic disease, and ultimately improve outcomes.
Comprehensive diabetes care solutions for physicians
Independent clinical studies have shown that in-office HbA1c testing improves diabetes patient outcomes3, 4, 5,. Availability of results at the time of visit provides healthcare providers and educators the opportunity to have meaningful, face-to-face discussions regarding treatment options. From a convenience and scheduling standpoint, it eliminates multiple visits for pre-visit blood draws or post-testing follow-up consultations.
Detect kidney disease at the earliest stages
At our AACC booth, discover solutions for albumin-to-creatinine ratio (ACR) testing, enabling detection of kidney disease at the earliest stages and improving the patient experience by allowing treatment to begin sooner.
Optimize the diagnostic experience with easy-to-use PT/INR testing.
The Xprecia Stride™ Coagulation Analyzer for PT/INR testing optimizes the diagnostic experience by providing high usability and lab-accurate results that today’s professionals demand at the point of care.
*All products not available in all countries. Welch Allyn® RetinaVueTM Network for sale in the U.S. only. Product availability may vary by country. Please contact your local Siemens Healthineers organization for more details.
1. Customer Testimonial, signed release on file. Reference citation: Eeg-Olofsson K, et al “HbA1c reduction and risk of cardiovascular diseases in type 2 diabetes: An observational study from the Swedish NDR” ADA 2012
2. POD2ER: Prevention and Organization against Diabetes Dialysis with Education and Resources: Murtuza, Mohammed M., et al. Poster
3. Thaler LM, Ziemer DC, Gallina DL, et al. Diabetes in urban African-Americans. XVII. Availability of rapid HbA1c measurements enhances clinical decision-making. Diabetes Care. 1999;22:1415-1421.
4. Miller CD, Barned CS, Phillips LS, et al. Rapid A1c availability improves clinical decision-making in an urban primary care clinic. Diabetes Care. 2003;26:1158-1163.
5. Cagliero E, Levina DV, Nathan DM. Immediate feedback of HbA1c levels improves glycemic control in Type 1 and insulin-treated Type 2 diabetic patients. Diabetes Care. 1999;22:1785-1789.
The outcomes obtained by the Siemens Healthineers customers described here and in research case studies were realized in the customers’ unique setting. Since there is no typical laboratory, and many variables exist, there can be no guarantee that others will achieve the same results.
CLINITEK Status, DCA Vantage, Xprecia Stride, and all associated marks are trademarks of Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc., or its affiliates. Welch Allyn and RetinaVue are trademarks of Welch Allyn, Inc. All other trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.